Video killed the radio star. It also has a lot to answer for the demise in engagement of text heavy blog and social media content. Content is so much more easily consumed when there is a visual guide to tempt the reader to read on, click or find out more. Visual imagery continues to be a growing force on the internet and you'll need to look your very best in order to compete.
Video marketing is a powerful strategy to promote, brand, and grow your business online. More consumers are interacting with videos today than ever before and, in 2017, it’s vital to start creating content if you are not doing so already or if you are increase your video output to connect with your audience. Videos are a compelling way of improving engagement, boosting results for click-throughs, shares, lead generation, and sales. It is indeed one of the best tactics to bring more exposure to your brand while helping you achieve your bottom-line.
17 things you need to know about the power behind video marketing.
#1 By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic (Source: SmallBizTrends)
#2 Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day (Source: Social Media Today)
#3 YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year (Source: Hubspot)
#4 55% of people watch videos online every day (Source: Digital Information World)
#5 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others (Source: RendrFx)
#6 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process (Source: Hubspot)
#7 Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (Source: SmallBizTrends)
#8 Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts (Source: Social Media Today)
#9 Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Source: Unbounce)
#10 After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online (Source: Hubspot)
#11 Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (Source: SmallBizTrends)
#12 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch video (Source: Digital Information World)
#13 People spend 3 times longer watching a live social video compared to one that has been prerecorded (Source: Social Media Today)
#14 Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates (Source: Hubspot)
#15 Top three most effective types of video content: Customer testimonials (51%); Tutorial videos (50%); Demonstration videos (49%) (Source: Curata)
#16 A whopping 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days (Source: Hubspot)
#17 67% of marketers found video marketing somewhat successful (Source: Digital Information World)
Strategies To Use Video In Your Marketing
Convinced yet? How effective video content can be is under question and here is how you can use video in your marketing strategy. These tactics will help fuel the growth of your marketing strategy and sales plan:
- Use videos to share your brand story. This will provide viewers a better understanding of your brilliant products and services
- Live-streaming videos are everywhere! Be sure to use Facebook Live, Periscope, and Instagram Stories to engage with your social media followers through sharing your blog content, reporting breaking news, or inviting them to your next event
- Upload videos directly to social media versus sharing videos from YouTube to boost organic reach
- Create videos for each of your products, especially your flagship one. Illustrate how to use it, the benefits, features and specs. The more you educate your audience on its use, the better success they’ll have
- Repurpose popular blog posts into a video series to extend its reach
- Include videos in your email content. Be sure to put the word “Video” in the subject line
- Use an editorial calendar to help you organize, plan and schedule your videos so it aligns with your business goals and keeps you consistent
What to do next : Help us help you
If you want to grow your business your business online and develop customer communication that fuels your growth then we have many options available to you, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.